How? When you browse our website or contact us, we collect certain information about you.
What? We collect information that identifies you directly or indirectly, and information about your use of our website.
Why? To better serve you, to answer your questions, to protect you, to ensure we meet our obligations and to administer our website.
With whom is the information shared? Service providers who help us provide our services to you and government agencies in order to meet our obligations.
Where? We are located in Quebec, but some of our service providers may have access to your information outside of Quebec.
What are your rights? You have the right to request access or to rectify your personal information by writing to us.
Your consent. You may also withdraw your consent to the collection and use of your personal information at any time, but this may prevent us from continuing to serve you.
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means information that directly or indirectly identifies a person. This information may include your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
2. How do we obtain your consent?
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection or where not provided by the law, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
3. How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information when you:
- Visit our website;
- Enter information on our website;
- Contact us by telephone, email or using the contact forms available on our website.
4. What Information Do We Collect, and Why?
We only collect the Personal Information we require to offer you our products and services. As such, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- To provide you with the services, support and information you request as a consumer:
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Any information or files shared when communicating with us.
- To conduct marketing activities and to operate, maintain, improve and offer all the functionalities of our website:
- IP address;
- Information about your device and browser;
- Date, time and length of your visits;
- Pages visited and browsing history;
- Browsing preferences;
- Interaction with our website;
- Search history.
- In general, we may also need to use your Personal Information to:
- Meet our legal obligations;
- Prevent cybersecurity threats and fraud;
- Respond to claims, warrants and orders from courts or other authorities;
- Protect your rights and interests, as well as our own;
- Collaborate in legal proceedings or investigations.
Information collected by cookies and other technologies may include your IP address, geolocation information, device information, browsing activity and search engine referrals. When you enable these features, our advertising and analytics partners may collect precise geolocation information to provide targeted advertising and analytics services. .
6. With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
In certain circumstances, we use service providers or partners to help us serve you.
- We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, partners and service providers who assist us in conducting our business. Please find below a non-exhaustive list of our service providers:
|Third Party||Service Provided|
|Squarespace||Domain name hosting|
- Where we provide your information to service providers, we require that the service providers maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and keep your personal information secure. We also require that they only use your personal information for the limited purposes for which it is provided. When our service providers no longer need your personal information for those limited purposes, we require that they dispose of the personal information. In some circumstances, we may permit our service providers to retain aggregated, anonymized or statistical information that does not identify you. We do not authorize the service providers to disclose your personal information to unauthorized parties or to use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information about our service providers, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Additionally, we may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or subsidiaries;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
If we otherwise intend to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will identify that third party and the purpose for the disclosure and obtain your consent.
7. Opting Out of Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, such as our newsletter, you may opt out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us, or, if you created an online account when you registered to receive our emails, you may log-in to your account and make changes to your communication preferences. You may also opt out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt out from receiving marketing-related emails, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our products or services, or other matters.
8. Where Is Your Personal Information Stored?
Your Personal Information is stored and processed in Quebec. In some cases, it may be hosted outside Canada or Quebec, in any country, state or province where we have facilities or use third-party service providers, namely the United States, Ireland, and Portugal.
9. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We retain the Personal Information we collect for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, as required or permitted by law, or for other legitimate purposes such as data recovery, dispute resolution and respecting our contractual obligations.
We delete obsolete or unnecessary Personal Information, for example should you inform us you are definitively ceasing to use our services. You may request rectification or deletion of information at any time. Please click here to learn more.
[In some cases, we anonymize personal information so that there is no serious possibility of linking the anonymized data to an identifiable individual. In such cases, we may use the anonymized data without notice and for serious and legitimate reasons.]
10. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We have implemented physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information we hold, in particular to prevent accidental or unauthorized access, use, loss, destruction, disclosure or modification during transmission or storage of Personal Information. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel who are granted access to your personal information are those with a ‘need-to-know’ business or whose duties reasonably require such information.
However, no security measure is absolute or fully guaranteed. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you believe that the security of any information you have provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately here.
11. What Are Your Rights Concerning Your Personal Information?
We will take steps to ensure that your personal information is kept as accurate, complete and updated as reasonably necessary. We will not routinely update your personal information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with updates to your personal information, when required.
However, to make sure that the information we hold on you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information.
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may consult the personal information that we have collected, used or disclosed, and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law.
You may also withdraw your consent to the disclosure or use of the personal information collected.
In addition, under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
- you may have the right to request that personal information held about you no longer be disseminated or to de-index a hyperlink to your name; and
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
We may require that you provide sufficient identification to fulfill your request regarding your personal information. Any such identifying information will be used only for this purpose.
To exercise your rights, please contact us by clicking here. We may ask you for identification to confirm your identity.
12. Children’s Information
Our products and services are not intended for minors in their country and we do not voluntarily collect personal information from such minors. If you are a minor under the laws of your jurisdiction, please do not provide us with any personal information without the express consent of a parent or guardian.
If you are a parent or guardian and you know that your children have provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from minor children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information from our servers.
We are not responsible for their privacy policies, procedures or practices. We encourage you to review these policies before submitting any Personal Information to these third-party sites.
15. Contact Us
If you have any questions about how Comet Lithium collects, uses or shares your Personal Information, or if you wish to exercise your rights, please contact our Privacy Officer:
[Insert mailing address and email address of the Privacy Officer]
Our Privacy Officer is responsible for responding to requests for access or rectification of information and to any complaints you may have regarding our practices regarding your Personal Information.
LAST UPDATED: October 13, 2023